- iOS Developer working with iOS 12 SDK, Swift, Objective-C, Cocoa Touch, UIKit, Xcode, Interface Builder, TestFlight, and Git on a daily basis.
- Solid understanding of the entire iOS development cycle – from code to App Store Connect.
- Proficient with iOS frameworks including Auto Layout, Core Data, Core Bluetooth, Core Location, and Grand Central Dispatch.
- Experience with developing for WatchKit.
- Six years of proven success in exceeding client expectations doing full-time native iOS development.
- Strong self learner with a desire to stay highly informed on best practices and latest developments to Apple’s iOS mobile platform.
- Continuously focused on providing an excellent user experience via clean, maintainable, performant code.
- Competent app designer when needed alongside writing code.
- Professional, personable, and flexible while working to achieve objectives.
Freelance iOS Developer (September 2018 – Present)
- Designed and developed the “Cornhole Easy Score” app for iOS and watchOS. AppStore.com/JamieMcDaniel
Big Ass Fans (July 2015 – August 2018)
- Lead iOS developer for the “Haiku Home” app that controls Haiku ceiling fans, lights, and wall switches. AppStore.com/HaikuHome
- Upon starting, made all changes necessary to get the app properly running on 4.7” and 5.5” iPhones. Previously it only scaled up the 4” iPhone screen.
- Performed the work required for “Haiku Home” to be a universal app – properly running on iPad (no longer a scaled up iPhone screen) in both portrait and landscape with support for Split View.
- Significantly improved performance by using Instruments to identify slow code and memory issues.
- Fixed all Xcode warnings.
- Rewrote half of the codebase from Objective-C to Swift.
- Rearchitected the app to use dependency injection for View Controllers.
- Managed beta testing with TestFlight.
- Monitored crash reports using Crashlytics and fixed bugs.
- Implemented new features as directed by management and the UI/UX team.
- Researched Core Bluetooth framework and wrote code to control third generation Haiku products that will communicate via bluetooth.
- Switched from NSLogger to Apple’s Unified Logging (introduced with iOS 10) for logging to the Console app. Used CocoaLumberjack to duplicate error log messages to a text file which would be uploaded to Crashlytics.
- Simplified the Haiku device to app communication layer using Swift enums with associated values.
- Communicated to our cloud server via JSON. Downloaded new firmware files and persisted them to Core Data.
- Solved the problem of implementing a complicated onboarding wizard with multiple paths the user could take. I did this by subclassing UINavigationController, which was cleaner than having dozens of segues.
- Managed third-party libraries with CocoaPods.
- Pushed all changes to GitHub via pull requests along with a brief summary of the work that was done.
- Worked through bugs, tasks, and improvement requests using YouTrack.
- Explained difficult code with quality comments to benefit myself and any developer working on that code in the future.
- Documented best practices and naming conventions in the repository’s README.
Freelance iOS Developer (January 2013 – July 2015)
- Hired by Bananas Digital Agency to complete “What’s Next”, an iPad app for AARP’s Life Reimagined Initiative.
- Hired by startup SightPlan, Inc. to join their team creating an app for the multifamily real estate industry.
- Contracted by MWM Digital to develop and deploy an iPad app to promote the city of Houston, Texas for a global conference that Houston was a finalist to host.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, University of Kentucky